|Project Status Update
||[Dec. 1st, 2011|05:00 pm]
So, this entry is just for notes to myself, so that I have someplace to keep track of what I've done on my DCG final without having to a) have the right notebook with me or b) log into something distracting. (Although I'll still need to log in when I want to change it, but this is good enough.)
1. Truncated Tetrahedron
3. Truncated Cube
4. Truncated Octahedron
5. (Small) Rhombicuboctahedron
6. Truncated Cuboctahedron (Great Rhombicuboctahedron)
7. Snub Cube
9. Truncated Dodecahedron
10. Truncated Icosahedron
11. (Small) Rhombicosidodecahedron
12. Truncated Icosidodecahedron (Great Rhombicosidodecahedron)
13. Snub Dodecahedron
Animations I have:
1. Cube -> Truncated Cube -> Cuboctahedron
(-> Truncated Octahedron -> Octahedron as last resort)
2. Finished as of 12/3: Octahedron -> Truncated Octahedron -> Cuboctahedron
(ordering of vertices is wrong)
3. Cube -> Rhombicuboctahedron
4. Rhombicuboctahedron -> Octahedron
5. Tetrahedron -> Truncated Tetrahedron -> Octahedron (-> Truncated Tetrahedron -> Tetrahedron as last resort)
6. Dodecahedron -> Truncated Dodecahedron -> Icosidodecahedron (cannot continue with this, too many corners)
As of 12/7: 7. Icosahedron -> Truncated Icosahedron -> Icosidodecahedron
As of 12/14: 8. Dodecahedron -> Rhombicosidodecahedron
9. Icosahedron -> Rhombicosidodecahedron
10. Tetrahedron -> Cuboctahedron
As of 12/20: 11. Truncated Cube -> Truncated Cuboctahedron
12. Truncated Octahedron -> Truncated Cuboctahedron
13. Truncated Dodecahedron -> Truncated Icosidodecahedron
14. Truncated Icosahedron -> Truncated Icosidodecahedron
15. Truncated Tetrahedron -> Truncated Octahedron
Animations I need:
(0. Octahedron -> Truncated Tetrahedron -> Tetrahedron
Not really necessary, but since the tetrahedron is its own dual, it would be cool to do. Leave this for last.)
1. Octahedron -> Truncated Octahedron -> Cuboctahedron Finished as of 12/3 2. Icosahedron -> Truncated Icosahedron -> Icosidodecahedron Finished as of 12/7
Ordering the vertices. Once I've fixed that, it should be fine.
3. Dodecahedron -> Rhombicosidodecahedron Finished as of 12/14
4. Rhombicosidodecahedron -> Icosahedron
Oh god pentagons. Need to figure out a way to do this transformation by code, because there is no way I'm working out all those angles by hand.
5. Truncated Cube (???) -> Truncated Cuboctahedron Finished as of 12/20
Theory should be the same as the rhombicuboctahedron, but again, I don't really want to do this by hand. Also, I'm pretty sure there ought to be transformations that I'm not seeing- possibly truncation, but apparently it needs to be distorted afterwards?
6. Truncated Dodecahedron (???) -> Truncated Icosidodecahedron Finished as of 12/20
Same deal as the truncated cuboctahedron, with the addition of oh god pentagons.
7. Snub Cube and Snub Dodecahedron
...what is this I don't even. Rotations? Deletion of vertices? Where are all the triangles coming from?
12/8: Misread wikipedia and made something that was almost a snub cube but not quite. Still, I think I understand it better now.
12/20: Found website with information I need, but professor suggests leaving off these two. Will do them last, after website is finished.
To Do List:
1. Fix ordering of vertices.
2. Make animations for octahedron -> cuboctahedron and icosahedron -> icosidodecahedron.
3. Figure out code for rhombicosidodecahedron, practicing on rhombicuboctahedron probably. 4. Figure out what's going on with remaining animations. 5. Figure out how to export Mathematica animations as gifs. Apparently harder than I expected but doable. 6. Figure out how to connect gifs or animations together. (Possibly swapped with 5, will find out when I try them.) I understand the theory, but this is dead last, even after snub polyhedra. Added 12/8 7. Make animation for tetrahedron -> cuboctahedron, optional Completed
New To Do List:
1. Clean up code.
2. Make website.
3. Export animations.
4. Animate snub polyhedra.